In the context of the UN SDG Summit, COPAC has launched five short videos pointing out concrete facts on how cooperatives can contribute to make Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) a reality.
Guided by the cooperative values and principles which are clearly in line with the Global Goals, the cooperative business model contributes to meet the targets of the SDGs by operating in its cooperative way.
Cooperatives, which are explicitly recognised as partners in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development, can serve as drivers of all 17 SDGs. Although this campaign focuses on 5 concrete SDGs, which are as follows:
- SDG 1: No poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- SDG 5: Gender equality – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- SDG 13: Climate action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- SDG 17: Partnership for the goals – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development