In celebration of the International Day of Cooperatives, COPAC will host a photo exhibition at United Nations headquarters in New York from 4-20 July 2016.
The theme of the exhibition is ‘Cooperatives: The power to act for a sustainable future’. COPAC therefore invites artists to submit photos that visually depict how cooperative enterprises and/or the act of cooperation contribute to the following themes:
- Eradicating poverty,
- Ending hunger,
- Securing livelihoods, offering decent work, and creating sustainable employment,
- Improving gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls,
- Improving food security and building a sustainable food system,
- Fostering the development of rural communities and economic opportunities for smallholder producers,
- Protecting the environment and combating climate change,
- Engaging as partners with communities, policymakers, and UN agencies to achieve sustainable development, and
- Other themes expressed in the Sustainable Development Goals.
COPAC’s Board will select 8-10 photos to be on exhibit at the UN.
Submissions will be accepted until 31st March 2016.
Want to submit your photo? Refer to the full call for photos for guidelines and instructions.